Friday, October 25, 2013

Chopstick Assistance

Tonight Jason and I had date night. Peg and Ron were nice enough to watch the kids. We decided to do sushi. Here I am smiling, but only on the outside. Because I am very hungry but all I have are chopsticks. I am terrible at using chopsticks. I can't make them go. I think it's a dexterity issue. Jason has shown me multiple times. I can't do it. I especially can't do it with somewhat slippery dumplings.
Here I am smiling from the very depths of my soul because the waitress brought me baby chopsticks (the kind with the rubber band) that I could use and I was able to eat some dinner. Despite the happy resolution, the restaurant was okay but not great. I greatly enjoyed the dumplings and noodles (I really loved the noodles. I had never had them before. They might be my new thing) and the tempura rolls were good if you like tempura which I do not. I was very disappointed in the tuna rolls which are normally my favorite. I am glad we did sushi and we had a fun date night, but I think we probably would choose a different sushi restaurant next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment