Sunday, October 20, 2013

Dirtying Up the Sunday Bests



Some people in our church dress up very formally, with some men even wearing suits. That's not my style, maybe because I'm from a younger generation, or maybe because I grew up in less formal churches, or maybe because I just prefer more casual clothes.  Still, I will always wear a collared shirt, though I always wear jeans with it.  Meghan is usually dressed up to a similar extent or even nicer with a dress.  And we try to do the same for the kids.  Joshua's often in a collared shirt, and the girls are usually in dresses, often matching dresses.  While we are careful to avoid staining their outfits, we don't worry too much about dirt, since it washes out.  So today after church when the kids asked to play outside, I took them out without changing their clothes.  Joshua and Clara happily played in the dirt for awhile, and later the girls swung together, no one caring about the cleanliness of the clothes (though in the end, the clothes didn't even actually get dirty).

No comments:

Post a Comment