Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Happy Birthday Hannah!

Today Hannah turned one. Her birthday party will be Saturday, but we always celebrate on the day for birthdays. We started with a dinner of Hannah's favorite foods, which are chicken fingers, french fries, and mandarin oranges. Hannah is so funny because she loves chicken so much, but she definitely wants it breaded and fried. She will eat grilled chicken breast as well, but she is clearly way less excited about it.

After dinner we did presents. She doesn't really "get" presents and Clara and Joshua were a little more excited about the gifts than she was, but she liked pretty much everything except the doll I got her. But I assume she will  grow into that. I got her a chair because Joshua has one and Clara has a rocker so I wanted her to have something. I didn't expect her to be that into it, but she really loves it. She loves climbing onto it and off again.

After presents, we did cake. I didn't make a cake since I am making cake for Saturday, but I bought some cupcakes, which all children in our family were thrilled about.

By the end of the night, she was tired and pretty much done. However, it was a really good day and we loved having time to celebrate with our little family.

No comments:

Post a Comment