Sunday, October 6, 2013

Joining the Tooth-Brushing Club

The recommendation for tooth hygiene in babies is to start brushing or wiping their teeth as soon as they have them. I don't really do that. I usually start brushing regularly around one and when we feel like it/it works out before that. With Hannah we started a bit early because she is the third child so she has had sweet foods a couple of times and I didn't want those sugars setting on her teeth. But we were sporadic about it until recently. Now we do it every night with the other kids and she is really enjoying it. I usually brush her teeth first and she likes holding her toothbrush in her mouth while the other two take their turn. She doesn't understand my instruction to stick out her tongue yet, so hopefully she will understand that soon so I can brush her tongue better.

No comments:

Post a Comment