Thursday, December 26, 2013

A Blingy Date Day with Hannah

Today Ron and Peg watched the kids since Wednesday was Christmas and both I and our nanny are on vacation this week, but Jason and I took Hannah out with us. I love the look of earrings on little girls and really considered doing it with both Clara and Hannah. I didn't because though it's common in certain circles, it is kind of controversial and not common around here. But I really had been regretting it and I was worried it was too late because I was concerned she was too old to leave her ears alone, but too young to understand. However, one of our friends at church did it with her baby at 8 months so I decided we should go for it. We went to Mike at Piercing Pagoda since she recommended him. It went super well. We had a fun date day with Hannah where we took her to get her ears pierced, followed up lunch, followed by Costco. One kid is so relaxing and portable that we can basically go anywhere with no stress so it was fun for all of us. Hannah did very well with the actual procedure, though she started crying when he swabbed her ears with alcohol because she DOES NOT like being messed with. But the actual ear piercing was quick and she stopped crying as soon as she had her sucker in hand. We love the way it looks and we had a fun afternoon with our sweet not-such-a-baby girl. It went so well that I imagine we will go get Clara's done in the new year since we got a coupon on our next purchase. She has asked multiple times for earrings since seeing Hannah's. Of course, so has Joshua. Maybe once he is older he will decide he really does want his ears pierced and that's fine with me, but I don't think I will be taking him as a young child to get them done.

1 comment: