Friday, December 13, 2013

Bachin' It


Joshua had what was probably the flu earlier this week.  Thankfully it was a one-day thing, and he was as good as new the next day.  This morning Meghan told me she wasn't feeling great, so we hoped it wasn't the flu, but by the afternoon we knew it definitely was.  I stopped at the store on the way home to get her some Sprite, gingersnaps, etc., but I also knew it was going to be just me and the kids having dinner, so I bought one of my favorite cheap-and-easy foods: frozen pizzas.  There were some on sale for $1.99 each, which worked for me.  So tonight I got the kids up from their naps, did snacks, and slaved over a hot stove to produce two delicious frozen pizzas (well, they weren't frozen anymore at that point, I suppose), which we all enjoyed.  Joshua was very concerned about Meghan, frequently asking me for updates ("Mama sick?").  We then had some play time and then we started bedtime.  It went quite well, all things considered.  I was definitely bachin' it, as my mom would say.  It's no real accomplishment, of course, as Meghan frequently does all this on her own when I travel.  But it's not something I do often, so I was happy it all went well.  We are hoping Meghan is better tomorrow, but she's still really sick tonight, so it's not looking good.

No comments:

Post a Comment