Thursday, December 12, 2013

Extreme Cleaning

I am very thankful that Meghan does the vast majority of the regular cleaning of our house. But some tasks are a little beyond what she'd prefer to handle.  Today she asked me to clean two areas that don't need to be cleaned frequently, but that do need attention every once in awhile.  We have a vaulted entryway.and there's a coat closet with a weird platform on top.  I guess we could put plants or a statue or whatever up there, but we haven't.  It's also carpeted, which is a little odd, but I guess that keeps it from looking dusty.  Anyway, Meghan wanted it vacuumed, and I was excited to take on the task.  I could have just stood on a stepstool and reached across, but there's no fun to be had there.  I decided the only reasonable way was to climb up to it and vacuum from up there.  I'm not sure if it's made to withstand a man's weight, so I made sure to stay on the edges where it was supported. We also have a window high above the front door  Meghan asked me to clean and dust it, so I broke out my super handy Little Giant ladder and took care of it.  While I was up there, I also scraped off a small bit of paint.  This little bit of paint is significant in our family, because during the day it looks like a black speck against the light background, and Joshua has many, many, many times declared it to be a bug.  Often it would be the first thing he'd announce to visitors as they walked in the door, even when he was only saying one word at a time at that point.  "Bug!"  "I don't think that's a bug, Joshua."  "Bug!"  "I think it's just a spot."  "Bug!"  "Okay, yes, it's a bug."

1 comment:

  1. OMG, I have they same thing above my front door. It is such a bitch to clean, especially since Steve won't get on a ladder so I have to do it. Grrrrr, drives me nuts. There is no point to that area. And why carpet???

    ReplyDelete