Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Some Stats, No Awards

In every previous year, I've done an end-of-year list of awards followed by the blog stats.  The awards are really fun for me to do, but they are extremely time-consuming, as I have to go through each and every post and figure out it if qualifies for any of the awards, and then at the end, I have to pare everything down, format it, etc.  It takes hours and hours and hours.  This year, I've just been too busy to get to it.  So there are no awards.  It's possible I might at some point go back and do them later, but no one should be holding their breath.  

But, thanks to tagging and the information provided in the post list, it's not too hard for me to put together the stats.  So, as such, here are some stats:



Posts by Meghan:217
Posts by Jason:148

Last year there was a big difference like this, but I had way more, and there was a good reason: Meghan was pregnant and super sick.  But this year she's the one with way more.  As I have not been pregnant, as best I can tell, I'm not sure what my excuse is.  We did do several trips this year (Florida, Arkansas, Savannah / Hilton Head, and St. Louis) and she tends to do the posts for trips because she does it in half the time it would take me yet with twice the quality, so I think that was the biggest reason.  I also had my 8-day work trip to California which resulted in her posting nearly every day.  So combining those two things, it still probably doesn't explain it.  I'll just assume the remaining difference is because I'm a slacker.


Our new blog feature this year was Way Back Wednesday.  The idea was that since the kids are with Mom and Ron on Wednesdays, we might sometimes use that day to post old photos from before we had this blog.  We did that, although we ended up using it on other days as well.  Here is the breakdown on the frequency of days which had a Way Back Wednesday post:


Wednesday 8
Monday3
Tuesday3
Thursday1

In each post we tag the people in it, as well as our own pets. Here’s the breakdown on the number of posts in which each person or furry friend appeared, among those who made at least two appearances. Ties are broken by the alphabet, not by how much we love you.


Joshua191
Clara158
Hannah153
Jason135
Meghan91
Terrence30
Natalie21
Joanna12
Julie10
Ron8
Andrew7
Jim7
Michelle7
Tucker7
Alex6
Barb6
Benjamin 6
Peg6
Callie5
Mark5
Kirk4
Deb3
Eamonn3
Jason K.3
Nick3
Vincent3
Aiden2
Bob2
Brent2
Carla2
David2
Jason H.2
Jean2
Matt2
Nate2
Sam2
Tony2


And as we've done the last couple years, this year we again tagged each post with the state where the picture was taken if it was somewhere other than Kansas, solely so I could do this exact list, because I’m curious about dumb things like this. Here’s the breakdown:


Kansas319
Missouri15
Florida8
California7
Arkansas5
Minnesota5
Georgia4
Texas4
South Carolina 3
Indiana2
Nevada2
Iowa1
Kentucky1
New Jersey1
New York1
Tennessee1

No comments:

Post a Comment