Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Happy Birthday Jesus

 Today Joshua had his Christmas program at school and Jason and I were able to go and see him sing. He was excited to see us when he walked in with his class.

 I say we saw him sing and it makes it sound like he actually sang. I am not sure he really did. He mostly just stood there while other kids sang, but he did sing a few times. And he was glad to shake his bells. I later asked him what his favorite part of Christmas is, not in the context of the school program just in general, and he told me it was shaking jingle bells. To be fair, he doesn't really get Christmas or know what Santa is or expect presents and will be totally shocked when there are presents on Christmas morning, but still. The bells definitely made a big impression on him even though he didn't appear to be doing a lot of shaking.

At the end, the kids sang "Happy Birthday" to Jesus and then there was cake. I think cake was definitely his favorite part. He is definitely a kid who loves cake. Jason and I were glad to get to go and spend some special time with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment