Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Happy Christmas Eve

Today is Christmas Eve and we had a nice day and evening. We just hung out in the early part of the day. Then we had an early dinner before church. I normally like having seafood on Christmas Eve and this year we had cioppino (an Italian seafood stew or soup) with garlic and herb bread, which was really yummy. Then we got dressed and ready to go.

We attended Candlelight Christmas Eve service at Church of the Resurrection as we normally do. This year, the Fouts family and Peg and Ron were able to attend with us. Though I really look forward to the day where all my kids can attend Christmas Eve service with us, we aren't there yet. So the kids went to the nursery and Joshua at least had a blast and they all seemed like it was reasonably fun. It was a really special service and was a great sermon that Jason and I both got a lot out of.

Though Clara has grown a ton in the past year (Finally. Her height is actually sort of on the chart now.), she wore her same coat from last year, although I think the arms were just a bit short. Also like last year, she loved running around the roomy atrium after service. Joshua also was very active.


We had such a special time at a very meaningful service with our family. Then we went home and immediately put the kids to bed since they were super tired and wrapped presents in preparation for tomorrow. Though as a child I certainly loved Christmas the most, as an adult Christmas Eve may be my favorite. I love everything about it and this year was no exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment