Sunday, December 29, 2013

Culinary Adventures

 Joshua really loves helping me cook and I try to include him even though he touches EVERYTHING. It's really cute because as soon as he sees me chopping he gets his little toy wooden knife so he can chop with me. Today we made corn pancakes with eggs and ranchera salsa. We started out making the salsa, which had some jalapeños in it. I was cutting them and he wanted to try one. He is happy to try and eat most things if we are chopping them, even if he doesn't really like it generally. Something about making it himself makes him more willing to eat it. I told him it was very spicy and I didn't think he would like it. He wanted to try it anyhow so I said he could, but as you can see, he didn't really like it. At first he said, "It little bit spicy."  Then, a few seconds later, "It lots spicy."  And then "Joshua don't like it."  

Later we had dessert. I saw a recipe for gingerbread floats on Pinterest, and I made them tonight. Hannah got to drink it out of a big-girl cup. Despite her terrible glare in this picture on her first sip (probably the flavor was different than what she's used to), she really liked her beverage and drank the whole thing. Joshua liked it so much he asked for seconds and seemed disappointed to learn we don't get seconds of dessert. Clara also liked it, but of course only drank a few sips. But then again, ice cream isn't the best thing for her so it's probably better that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment