Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Back in My Day, Bibles Had Pages

Now that Thanksgiving is over, we have started preparing for Christmas and celebrating advent. We do that with our advent calendar/jesse tree combo . Each night we read scripture and have an activity. Generally I try to use our children's Bibles when possible and then look for internet resources if it's a story that I can't find in our children's Bibles. This year we have a new resource with a cell phone app. You may be familiar with 'The Bible' App because it's super popular. Jason and I both have it and use it at church rather than bringing our Bibles from home. It is great to be able to choose from so many translations and it is easily navigable. This same company recently released a children's Bible app. It has its good and bad as an app, and I don't think it's quite as wonderful as the adult version, but it doesn't really have any competitors that I know of and the kids absolutely love the interactive nature of the stories. One of the bad things is they have very few Bible stories available right now, though I know they say more are in development. So we can't use this all that often for the stories we need for the advent calendar, but for the times we can, the kids are really enjoying it and Joshua now asks to "Play Jesus" a lot. I actually downloaded the app to my tablet for him because I don't like sharing my cell phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment