Monday, December 9, 2013

Fine Motor Skill Rock Star: Who Knew?


Hannah is a rather late bloomer with gross motor skills because she doesn't seem to enjoy it. (She can take some steps. She rarely does because she doesn't want to.). She is pretty on target with everything else, though so I decided to give her a spoon and let her try to feed herself today. She did super well. She made a small mess, but very reasonable for her age and also got almost all the yogurt out of the bowl, which is super impressive for her first time using a spoon. She seemed happy to feed herself as well. This was a happy surprise and I definitely want to do more fine motor activities with her now that I know she likes it and is good at it. She still mouths most things so we may not be ready for crayons, but there are definitely some things we can do to let her have fun with that. And I am really excited about her spoon skills since that makes meal times much easier for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment